Admissions & Registration
Admission to The Open Classroom is open to all students entering grades K – 8.Each year The Open Classroom enrolls 48 new kindergarten students, and fills our 1st -8th grade classrooms to 22-28 students per class (depending on the grade)
Before you apply to the Open Classroom, we want to make sure you understand that this is a unique charter school. Take some time to look at the Philosophy and Family Involvement pages on this website. These pages will give you some idea of what we stand for and what we will ask of your family.
The Admission Process
The Open Classroom requires that you attend either our Parent Information Night or a school tour to have your application included in our enrollment lottery. If you have already attended either of the above, our records will so indicate. Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, we are currently holding all of our tours in an online Zoom format. Parent Information Nights are in person events at the school, but we will not have childcare available at this time. A list of tours and Parent Information Nights can be found below.
The open enrollment for the 2022-2023 School year opens November 15, 2021 and closes February 15, 2022. We will notify applicants about their lottery status the beginning of March 2021. Fill out an online application form to start the process.
Families will be notified of the lottery results about two weeks after it is run. If your child is offered a space, we ask that you please let us know by the deadline stated in the letter you will receive whether or not you plan to enroll your child. If we do not hear from you by that deadline, we will offer the space to the next student on the waiting list. Applicants with sibling/s currently enrolled will receive priority.
Your child’s chances of being admitted vary, depending on how many applicants are applying and the number of available spaces.
For questions related to Admissions, please contact the Registrar at 801-578-8144 or email@example.com
Visiting the Open Classroom
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, we are currently holding all of our tours in an online Zoom format.
Please RSVP prior to 8:00 PM the day before your preferred tour date. Doing so will ensure that we have a parent available to conduct the tour and answer all your questions. RSVP HERE to secure your spot
Expect the tour to last about 30-45 min. During a tour you will have an opportunity to:
- Learn more about our school from OC parents and staff
- Ask questions
- Meet other prospective families
Tour and PPIN dates for 2021-2022
- October 12 10:00 AM Zoom Tour
- October 26 6:30 PM Zoom Tour
- November 9 10:00 AM Zoom Tour
- November 23 6:30 PM Zoom Tour
- December 14 10:00 AM Zoom Tour
- January 6 6:30 PM Prospective Parent Information Night (IN PERSON! At the OC)
- January 11 10:00 AM Zoom Tour
- January 25 6:30 PM Zoom Tour
- February 1 6:30 PM Parent Information Night (IN PERSON! At the OC)
- February 8 10:00 AM Zoom Tour
- February 22 6:30 PM Zoom Tour
- March 8 10:00 AM Zoom Tour
- March 22 6:30 PM Zoom Tour
- April 12 10:00 AM Zoom Tour
- April 26 6:30 PM Zoom Tour
- May 10 10:00 AM Zoom Tour
- May 24 6:30 PM Zoom Tour