- Monday through Friday from 8:40–11:40
- $275 per month
Full Day program
- Monday through Friday from 8:40–3:00
- $525 per month ($550/mo for the 2022-2023 school year)
About our Preschool Program
The Open Classroom Preschool uses the N.A.E.Y.C. guidelines as well as the OC Philosophy to provide educational as well as social and emotional experiences for young children. We care for the whole child to provide the foundation for self esteem, compassion and school readiness.
Our goal is to provide a safe, stimulating environment that encourages curiosity, self sufficiency and compassion. We focus on the whole child through structured and unstructured activities. Every day we provide experiences in art, music, math, literacy, science and dramatic play. We use the expertise of our co-opers as well as the community as a whole to provide an outstanding pre-school experience.
The Co-op offers children: (due to covid-19, co-oping is currently suspended)
- Developmentally appropriate activities for social, emotional, physical, academic and creative growth.
- Interaction with children of similar ages which fosters growth and development of social skills
- Clearly defined, comfortable play/learning areas with a variety of equipment, learning games, expressive materials and art supplies.
- Opportunities to explore our community through field trips.
- An expanding world experience with classroom visits from firefighters, dentists, musicians, and other community members.
- A safe, nurturing learning environment with caring, accepting adults (a professional teacher and two co-oping parents each day).
- The chance to build self-confidence and a positive self-image.
The Co-op offers parents:
- The opportunity to be an active partner in their child’s education.
- The experience of interacting with and observing children in a preschool setting.
- Opportunities to make friends and get problem-solving support from other families in the community.